Apeks XL4 OCEA Regulator Set
The world’s first totally sustainably produced regulator, Apeks XL4 OCEA Regulator set is a compact, lightweight regulator suitable for diving in all environments including cold water locations. Its design and low weight help reduce jaw fatigue on long dives.
XL4 Ocea also makes an ideal stage regulator which is perfect for the technical diver with a large amount of equipment.
The Apeks XL4 OCEA Regulator presents a new concept of the regulator to the diving market. One that comes with the inherent build quality and performance shared by all Apeks regulators but has the prime objective of being the first totally sustainably produced regulator available.
Every manufacturing detail has been considered and adjusted to ensure each material and process has been optimized in the pursuit of minimal environmental impact. Our partnership with PlasticBank establishes the Ocea as the world’s first ocean plastic negative regulator.
Apeks XL4 OCEA Regulator Features and Benefits
- The First totally sustainably produced regulator on the market
- Recycled polymers made from up to 70% post-consumer waste (black components)
- Bioplastic plastic parts are made from non-petroleum-based sources.
- Trivalent chrome plating uses less harmful chemicals and is kinder to the environment.
- Eco brass is lead-free, easier to recycle and has a higher tensile strength than traditional brass.
- World’s First Ocean Plastic Negative Regulator
- Inherent Build Quality & Performance
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase faster than the ambient.
- This results in superior performance at depth.
- With 2 HP ports and 4MP ports.
- Nitrox Ready to 40% O2 Out-of-the-Box
- Can be Oxygen Cleaned to 100%
- Environmentally Sealed
- Great for both warm and cold water climates
- Lightweight and Compact Regulator
- High-Performance Option for Technical Divers Serious About Saving Weight
- The Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long-duration dives.
- High-performance pneumatically balanced lever-operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- The ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- A durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- Nitrox Ready to 40% O2