The flagship FSR first stage has a beefy forged one-piece body with two standard high pressure 7/16-inch hose ports and four standard high-flow low pressure 3/8-inch hose ports in a symmetric fixed angle orientation that Apeks describes as being optimum for hose routing.
The FSR has a removable high-pressure seat crown. The insulation from the surrounding environment provided by the beefy forged body, together with the replaceable HP seat made of the ARCAP alloy, makes the FSR even more adapted to diving in cold water and contaminated environments.
FSR stages manufactured after September 2012 have an option to add a 5th port on end of the regulator body. The FSR body has a polished chrome finish.
The now discontinued FSR Tungsten Regulator package included a 5-port FSR first stage in a matte dark grey PVD finish.
Commonly paired with the XTX200 second stage regulator. All XTX series second stages can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However this procedure must ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorised Service Technician.
Available in yoke or DIN configuration.
Suitable for coldwater use (below 10 C / 50 F).
Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
- FSR style first stage.
- Highly polished bright chrome plating.
- Compact one piece body.
- 4 angled medium pressure ports, 4 x 3/8” UNF.
- 2 angled high pressure ports, 2 x 7/16” UNF.
- Optional 5th port.
- Removable ARCAP valve seat.
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out