The Horizon offers incredibly extended dive time compared to open circuit dives,
giving the diver ample time to take in the wonderful underwater environment.
EXTENDED DIVE TIME
Dive times are an average of 3-8 times longer, standard nitrox gas cylinders that are available at the dive destination can be used, a dditional cylinder rigging optional
The lightweight system is the ideal travel companion and does not require dedicated cylinders or weights.
The unit’s simple logistics allow the diver to use standard nitrox cylinders that are easily obtained from most dive destinations.
Complete unit weighs only 12kg for easy transportation
Comes with 1 bottom gas regulator set weighing 1.4kg
Optional decompression gas regulator weighing 1.4kg is also available
Combined, the Horizon unit and regulators should fit in a single suitcase, weighing about 17kg in total – the standard checked baggage allowance for most airlines.
BUILD ON A FOUNDATION OF OPEN-CIRCUIT NITROX DIVING KNOWLEDGE
The Horizon SCR training builds on a foundation of open-circuit and nitrox diving knowledge, and the Horizon SCR controller intuitively maintains an ideal nitrox mix, depending on diver preferences.
AS EASY AS NITROX DIVING
The gas mix can be changed during the dive (using the controller) to extend dive time or decrease decompression time, the controller will warn the diver if an inappropriate gas mix exists.
The Horizon SCR provides warm and moist breathing gas, and an ergonomic design that intuitively improves the diver’s trim position and comfort.
CREATES A NATURAL DIVING POSITION
The shape of the Horizon unit provides the ideal, horizontal trim, the combination of warm air and improved dive position makes breathing natural and effortless, the specially contoured, ergonomic unit includes a soft back plate, lumbar support, buttplate and padded harness straps.
The Horizon SCR was designed to maximize safety and ensure exceptional performance using multiple back-up safety systems and three sets of redudant electronics and power supplies.
FAIL-SAFE GAS OPERATION
During a total system failure, the unit supplies an opencircuit nitrox breathing gas mix, a sophisticated monitoring system informs the diver of how much time remains before they must replace the scrubber material, regulator set(s) provide alternate gas sources that can be shared in an emergency situation.
SIMPLE SET UP
One of the key attractions of the Horizon SCR is its incredible ease of use. It is simple to set up, requires no tools, has easy access to the scrubber canisters for filling, and has non-interchangeable, color-coded, quick release corrugated breathing hose.
EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND PREPARE
No tools required, Harness can be fully adjusted according to need Nitrox cylinders can be obtained at the dive center on reaching your destination, No pre-packed scrubber cartridges required – scrubber canisters can be re-filled by the diver, No dedicated weights are required.
A WEALTH OF POSSIBILITIES
For the more advanced diver, the Horizon offers a range of advantages. As well as a longer dive duration, the diver has dual gas possibilities – with the option of attaching a second cylinder with a higher O2 concentration for accelerated decompression.
READY FOR ADVANCED DIVERS
Uses the ZH-L16C Bühlmann algorithm with gradient factors, Programmable bottom gas and decompression gas, Within operational limits (up to 40m) the unit provides, decompression obligations like that of a closed-circuit rebreather.
INTELLIGENT INTEGRATED CONTROLLER
An integrated controller completes the Horizon, with a 2.8”, easy-to-read color display and optional wireless gas integration.
This intelligent computer is effortlessly operated via two large piezo elements, especially when wearing gloves, and includes a scrubber monitoring system to keep the diver informed of their scrubber status at all times, and an audible warning alarm.
- Two (2) scrubber canisters, each containing 1 kg of CO2 absorbent that can be refilled by user
- Two (2) integrated weight pockets, each containing a maximum of 2.5 kg of weight
- Fully adjustable harness system, from XS to XXL
- Safety gag strap on mouthpiece
- 2 oxygen sensors
- Constant oxygen fraction supplied to the diver, adjustable during diving
- Reverts automatically to full nitrox breathing in case of failure
- Remaining scrubber time calculated by the dive computer
- No tools required for preparation, use, cleaning
LIMITS OF USE
- Maximum recommended depth using one stage cylinder as gas supply, no decompression: 30 m
- Maximum allowed depth using two stage cylinders as gas supply: 40 m
- ppO2 during use: minimum 0.22 bar, maximum 1.60 bar
- Water temperature: minimum 4°C, maximum 34°C
- Allowed nitrox mix: minimum 30%, maximum 99%
- Approved scrubber material: Sofnolime 797
- Scrubber material endurance depending on temperature and metabolic oxygen consumption: calculated by the dive computer (i.e. at 15°C or higher, with medium/high oxygen consumption, duration is > 3 h)
The Mares Horizon SCR also features:
- Three sets of redundant electronics, each with an individual battery system
- All battery systems can be charged from one single point
- 2.8” full color, high contrast dive computer screen
- User adaptable gradient factor decompression algorithm
- HUD with clear GOOD / FAIL indication
- Approved to 40m
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
- Height: 54 cm
- Width: 40 cm
- Depth: 22 cm
- Unit weight: 12 kg (without regulator set)
- Complete non-deco version weight: 13.4 kg
- Complete full deco version weight: 14.8 kg