It’s a high-quality, liquid filled dive compass based on the Suunto SK-8 module, the world’s most popular dive compass.
Many divers take compasses for granted, considering them just an accessory to an overall dive gauge console system. Trying to navigate with a poorly designed or improperly functioning compass can be one of diving’s more frustrating events.
The Suunto SK-8 Compass has set a new standard for dive compasses. The superior Suunto SK8 features an exceptional tilt potential of +/- 30° degrees, which is 2-3 times larger than in conventional diving compasses.
The Suunto SK-8 delivers even better underwater performance with faster stabilisation and enhanced readability. The instrument can be used over a wider area of the globe thanks to an upgraded magnet. The Suunto SK-8 Compass has easy-to-read numerals on a phosphorescent compass card, and a large side-reading window for gun-sight accurate navigation.
The firm-grip rotating bezel with a ratchet at every 5° degree is especially designed to prevent sand-and-dirt contamination, thus allowing smooth turning in all conditions. The compass bezel has compass headings in 30° degrees numbered increments and indicator marks for every 5° degrees. Bezel has twin heading indicators for alignment of compass course and a lubber line across the compass face. The Suunto SK8 Compass is liquid filled for a quick and responsive movement.
The durable rubber boot allows easy mounting on the Vyper, Gekko and analog consoles to give the diver complete instrumentation. Boot has side notch for side reading navigation.
- Latest Edition of Suunto’s Leading Dive Compasses:
Delivers Even Better Underwater Performance
Faster Stabilisation and Enhanced Readability
Instrument Can-Be-Used-Over Wider Area of Globe Thanks to Upgraded Magnet
- Back Mount Design for Console
- Up-Grade Console for Full Instrumentation Capability
- Tilt Potential of +/- 30° Degrees
- Tilt is 2 to 3 Times Better than Conventional Compasses
- Phosphorescent Compass Card for Easy-Reading in Low Light Conditions
- Large side-reading window
- Gun-Sight Accurate Navigation
- Southern Hemisphere (SH) Compass
- Designed for Excellent Navigation
- 360° Degree Ratchet Bezel
- Liquid Filled Compass
- Lubber Line
- Durable Rubber Console Mount Boot
- Mount Fits: Suunto Vyper, Gekko and Analog CB Consoles
- Easy to Install on Console