The Cavern/Safety Reel is available with 140-feet of #24 line (RE4100) or 90-feet of heavier #36 line (RE4110), both with a medium stainless bolt snap. These reels position the handle on top, which helps divers who use a handheld light to hold both the light and the reel in one hand, freeing the other hand to work the reel. The frame of the reel comes with a series of pre-drilled holes so divers can change positions from a top-mount handle, to a side-mount handle or a left-hand operated reel. The spool is held in place with a stainless steel “C” clip so replacing the spool or cleaning up a jammed reel is simple.
- White, DuPont fiber braid line provides strength and minimizes fraying.
- Orange, Dacron line does not stretch, keeping firm tension.
- Cave series reels use #24 braid line giving 220-lbs of breakage strength. Wreck series reels use #36 braid line giving 350-lbs of breakage strength.
- Injection molded polycarbonate spools resist breakage and cracking.
- Marine grade stainless steel frame and axle are corrosion resistant.
- Marine grade stainless steel bolt snap is corrosion resistant.
- T-top lockdown screw for easy grip
- 1 lb (0.45 kg)